Rolls-Royce Phantom VThe Rolls-Royce Phantom V is a large four-door limousine produced by Rolls-Royce Limited from 1959 to 1968. Based on the Silver Cloud II, it shares a V8 engine and General Motors Hydra-Matic automatic gearbox with that model. Rolls-Royce assembled the cars’ chassis and drivetrains with bodies made to standard designs by coachbuilders Park Ward and James Young, former vendors absorbed by Rolls-Royce.
The engine is a 6,230 cc 90-degree V8 with twin SU carburettors, coupled to a 4-speed automatic transmission. The car has massive drum brakes and a wheelbase of 3,683 mm. Power assisted steering was standard.
Park Ward vs James Young model
Of the 832 total built between 1959 and 1968, James Young made 217 bodies. Park Ward, owned by Rolls-Royce, made 607 bodies. In 1962, H. J. Mulliner & Co. was merged by Rolls-Royce with Park Ward to form Mulliner Park Ward. Prior to the merger, eight Phantom Vs had been made by H.J. MullinerThis 1964 Rolls-Royce Phantom V is a right-hand-drive limousine that was bodied by James Young. It has been with its current owner for 12 years and received rebuilds of its 6.2-liter V8 engine, 4-speed automatic transmission, and other mechanical components in 2011-12 by noted Rolls-Royce specialists in New York, Connecticut and Miami. An original color repaint has also been carried out, as well as refurbishment of the exterior trim. The driver’s area is finished in Light-colored dolphin gray leather, while the passenger compartment is upholstered in a wool broadcloth. Burl walnut trim covers the dash, door caps and passenger compartment bulkhead. This Rolls-Royce has 58,000 actual miles showing on the odometer.
OWNERS NAME: Carlos Gomez
MAKE: Rolls Royce